Injuries are common in the workplace. In this course, you will examine and understand various situations that lead to the development of Musculoskeletal Disorders (injuries related to muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, and nerves) and implement best practices and techniques to protect yourself and others from injury.
- What are MSDs?
- Understanding MSD risks and hazards
- Controlling MSDs
- Signs and Stags of MSDs
- Preventative Measures
- Preventing Bodily Injuries
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Define and recognize activities and movements that lead to the development of MSDs.
- Distinguish stages and symptoms to identify when someone is affected by MSDs.
- Apply best practices in the workplace to prevent MSDs.
- Identify and understand assessing risks and the hierarchy of controls to prevent MSDs.
Duration: 1 hour
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, mobile devices using all browsers and the Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).