Lockout and Tagout (LOTO)
This course describes the process for lockout and tagging in the workplace. LOTO is a crucial safety strategy used to protect workers from being harmed by hazardous energy. Serious or fatal accidents can occur when people assume that machinery is de-energized or made harmless when it is not! Lockout and tagging ensure that hazardous energy sources are under the control of each worker.
- Overview of Lockout and Tagout
- Preparing for Lockout and Tagout
- Performing Lockout and Tagout
- Post Lockout and Tagout
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the process for lockout and tagout.
- Identify hazardous energy forms in the workplace.
- Identify various types of lockout devices.
- Perform the LOTO procedure on a workplace equipment or system.
Duration: 1 hour
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, mobile devices using all browsers and Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).