This course provides an overview of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS 2015) by examining its main components, classification, and communication. WHMIS 2015 is a comprehensive system for providing health and safety information on hazardous products intended for use, handling, or storage in Canadian workplaces. It ensures that everyone is informed and trained in handling hazardous products in their workplace.
- Physical and Health Hazards
- Supplier and Workplace Labels
- Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Duties of Workplace Parties
- Education and Training
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe WHMIS 2015 and its applicable legislation.
- Identify the hazardous products in your workplace.
- Interpret WHMIS 2015 pictograms and labels.
- Use Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
- Explain the general duties of the employer, worker, and supplier.
Duration: 2-3 hours
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, mobile devices using all browsers and Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).