Safety Awareness Training for Noise and Hearing for the Construction Industry
Noise-induced hearing loss affects an estimated 19% of adults in Canada. While difficult to repair, hearing can be proactively protected with the proper training regarding exposure and the use of Personal Protective Equipment within this course.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Understand why awareness of noise hazards is important
- Explain how noise is measured and how it contributes to noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL)
- Identify regulatory requirements regarding hearing protection in O. Reg. 381/15
- Recognize loud noise levels that contribute to NIHL
- Implement best practices to reduce noise hazards
Duration: 1 hour
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices using all browsers and the Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).