A Health and Safety Representative is a worker selected by other workers who are not managers to address their health and safety concerns.
- Occupational health and safety laws
- Rights, duties and responsibilities of the workplace parties
- Duties and responsibilities of the HSR under the OHSA
- Common workplace hazards
- Hazard recognition, assessment, control, and evaluation (RACE methodology) of hazard controls
- Applying the RACE methodology (recognize, assess, control and evaluate) to a workplace hazard
- Health and safety resources available to the workplace parties
Duration: 1 hour
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices using all browsers and the Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).