Disability management is the process in the workplace designed to facilitate the continued employment of workers with injury, illness and disability.
This is done through a coordinated effort taking into account the workers’ functional abilities.
- Understand the general principles and best practices for disability management
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of WSIB legislation and how it relates to other legislation, including the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Determine whether an injury or illness is a return to work and reportable under WSIB legislation.
- Differentiate the roles and responsibilities of the workplace parties (employee, employer, union, treating health care professionals, WSIB) within WSIB claims management.
- Develop an early and safe return to work plan, and / or stay at work accommodation
Duration: 1 hour
- You must obtain 80% on the final assessment to receive your completion certificate.
- Courses can be accessed on laptops, desktops, and mobile devices using all browsers and the Brightspace Pulse App (available in App Store and Google Play).